Rehabilitation and Therapy Courses
Pediatric Therapeutic Taping
This course will focus on use of static and dynamic taping techniques to facilitate improved alignment and muscle reeducation for function. Developmental and biomechanics in relation to treatment will be reviewed. Tapes and interventions used include: rigid strapping tape, Kinesio tape ®, velcro patches with elastic straps, neoprene wraps, compression garments and Thera Togs™. Review of developmental biomechanics and relation to treatment are also included.
- Nov 3, 2023
- Patricia Martin, PT
- Children’s Health
Cityville Building C
Children’s Health Rehabilitation and Therapy Symposium
The field of pediatric rehabilitation medicine is a unique subspecialty that utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to address congenital and child-onset functional impairments. The primary focus of this course is to address a variety of topics concerning rehabilitation management with an integrative perspective.
- September 29, 2023 7:50AM - 2:45PM
- In Person AND Virtually via ZOOM
Children's Health Plano Campus, 7601 Preston Rd. Plano, TX - Speese Conference Center
- Deadline: Sept. 26, 2023, 11:59 p. m. Specifics about the course, including objectives and speakers are available for view online.
- RN/Students $100
- PT/OT/ST/Social Work $120
- Physician/PA/PNP $145
- RN/Students $75
- PT/OT/ST/Social Work $100
- Physician/PA/PNP $125
Who Should Attend:
Pediatric physicians (neurology, rehabilitation, primary care), residents, fellows and medical students, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, therapists (OT, PT, ST), social work, and psychologists. We welcome any other clinical practitioner who is interested in attending.
- Participants will integrate knowledge presented about Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) in the pediatric and adult population in their own practice.
- Participants will summarize the principles of pain management.
- Participants will restate the role of neuropsychology in FND to their peers.
- Participants will understand the value of Palliative care services in FND patients.
- Participants will be able to discuss Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy needs in the management of FND patients.
- Participants will be able to identify the important role that Social Work plays in the management of FND patients