Infusion Therapy Referrals
We appreciate you entrusting our team with the care of your patient. Our team strives to provide excellent care and we look forward to partnering with you in that endeavor. These are the steps you will need to take to send a referral to us.
- Choose the appropriate infusion plan for your patient. Print, complete the orders, and sign.
- Send to Plano Special Procedures Unit (SPU) clinic along with the SPU Referral Form and insurance information.
- Scan and send via email to PLANO.SPU.FAX@CHILDRENS.COM OR
- Fax to 469-303-0683
Once your referral is received, our team will follow the process outlined below to ensure that your patient is scheduled and treatment initiated in a timely manner.
- Verification of provider privileges to Children’s Health℠.
- Verification of in-network payor coverage.
- Pharmacy review of orders to ensure accuracy and safety.
- Family notified of referral and appointment scheduled.
- Prior authorization of treatment initiated. Patients are scheduled 2-3 weeks out to ensure that prior authorization is obtained.
Please note that in the event of an emergency our team will follow the emergency medication orders that you have signed. If further medical assistance is required, our Code Team will be activated and you will be notified.
For any questions regarding the referral process, please contact our clinic at 469-303-3400
Clinic is open from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p. m. We are closed for the following holidays each year:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- 2 days during Christmas