Pravin Kumar Sah, MD $$
- Languages Spoken:
- English, Nepalese,Hindi,
Pravin Sah, M.D., is a pediatric pulmonologist at Children’s Health℠. He specializes in caring for children with various breathing disorders and lung diseases arising from birth until young adulthood.
He earned his medical degree at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. Dr. Sah completed his residency training in pediatrics at Crozer-Chester Medical Center and his fellowship training in pulmonology at Emory University.
I am committed to providing excellent medical care for my patients. I strive to be thorough and make every effort to understand the unique needs of each child and family.
“I am committed to providing excellent medical care for my patients. I strive to be thorough and make every effort to understand the unique needs of each child and family,” says Dr. Sah.
During his fellowship, Dr. Sah performed clinical research in asthma and obesity, working to unravel the complexity of the relationship between these two conditions. He then presented his abstract at the annual American Thoracic Society meeting, for which he received a prestigious award. His work was later published in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (JACI). Dr. Sah has been nominated as a "Mom-Approved" doctor by Dallas Child Magazine and recognized as a Top Pediatric Specialist by D Magazine.
Dr. Sah lives in the northern suburb of Dallas with his wife and two daughters. He enjoys traveling, hiking, listening to South Asian music and spending time with his family. He is fluent in English, Hindi and Nepali.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (2003)
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center (2009), Pediatrics
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (2004), Pediatrics
- Emory University Hospital - GME (2012), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pulmonology
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome - ARDS
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Cough
- Chronic Lung Disease (CLD)
- Congenital Lung Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Dysphagia (Swallowing Disorder)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS)
- Respiratory Failure
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy - SMA
- Ventilator Dependency
Departments and Programs
- Pulmonary Complications of Prematurity
- Acute and Chronic Upper Airway Constriction
- Acute Pneumonia
- Complicated Pneumonia with Pleural Effusion
- Apnea of Prematurity and Infancy
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Respiratory Insufficiency
- Congenital Lung Anomalies
- Evaluation of Recurrent infections, including bronchitis and pneumonia
- Neuromuscular weakness, muscular dystrophy
- Sah PK, Teague W.G., Demuth KA, Whitlock DR, Brown SD, Fitzpatrick AM. Poor asthma control in obese children may be overestimated because of enhanced perception of dyspnea. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2013 Jan;1(1):39-45.
- Sah PK, Zapata S, Simon DM. Progressive Subglottic Stenosis In A Child - Could It Be Seronegative Isolated Wegener's Granulomatosis? American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2010 (Abstracts Issue); 181: A6215.
- Khanal B, Pudasaini B, Tamrakar R, Sah PK. Budd Chiari Syndrome-a case report. Nepal Medical College Journal 2005 (Indexed in MEDLINE); 7(1): 79-80.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Specialty Board in Pediatric Pulmonology
Awards and Honors
- 2012 ATS travel award: awarded based on the quality of the research abstract submitted for a poster discussion session at ATS International Conference in San Francisco, California. (2012)
- Dr. Sah has been nominated as a "Mom-Approved" doctor by Dallas Child Magazine and recognized as a Top Pediatric Specialist by D Magazine!