Jenny K. Rodriguez Francis, M.D., M.P.H., is a pediatrician with the Adolescent and Young Adult clinic at Children's Health℠. She is also an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and the director of the adolescent medicine fellowship program.
Dr. Francis graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston medical school. She trained in New York City in pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed a fellowship in adolescent medicine at Mount Sinai’s Adolescent Health Center. Dr. Francis also obtained her master's in public health at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and worked for three years as an assistant professor of pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.
As a young faculty member, Dr. Francis adds an enthusiastic and educational approach to her clinical practice. She is board-certified in Adolescent Medicine and in Pediatrics. She researches adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
Dr. Rodrigues Francis is an NIH funded researcher who investigates adolescent sexual and reproductive health services.
She is a member for the American Academy of Pediatrics, Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine and Society of Pediatric Research.
Dr. Francis was reconized by D Magazine as "Best Doctor".
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (2008)
- Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (2014), Adolescent Medicine
- Graduate School
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine (2014)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Breast Pathology
- Dysmenorrhea (Severe Menstrual Cramps)
- Fallopian Tube Cysts (Paratubal)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Labial Hypertrophy
- Menstrual Issues
- Mood and Mental Health Disorders
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Puberty Problems
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Substance Abuse
- Yeast Infection
Departments and Programs
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- Supporting parents and adolescents in the uptake of long acting reversible contraception
- Research participation provides adolescents and parents a launching pad for conversations. Francis JKR, Landers SE, Radecki Breitkopf C, Mauro C, Chang J, Catallozzi M, Rosenthal SL Sex Health 2019 Jan
- Adolescent-Parent Dyadic Retention in an Interview Study and Changes in Willingness to Participate in a Hypothetical Microbicide Safety Study. Francis JKR, de Roche AM, Mauro C, Landers SE, Chang J, Catallozzi M, Breitkopf CR, Rosenthal SL J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2018 Jun
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine
- Society for Pediatric Research
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialists (2021)
- IH K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (2019-2023)
- CCRAC (Children's Clinical Research Advisory Committee) Award (2018)
- PDEMCHID (Program for the Development and Evaluation of Model Community Health Initiatives in Dallas) Award (2018)
- Provost's Grant for Junior Faculty Who Contribute to the Diversity Goals of the University Columbia University (2015)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.