Arhanti Sadanand, M.D., is a Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologist at Children's Health℠ and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern. She has a specialized clinical interest in treating children with neuroblastomas, and also treats children with other solid tumors including liver tumors, kidney tumors, musculoskeletal tumors, and germ cell tumors.
I am honored to be able to treat children and their families in their most difficult moments and passionate about helping my patients enjoy life to their fullest.
Dr. Sadanand earned her medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, where she was nominated to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She completed her residency in pediatrics at Washington University in Saint Louis and St. Louis Children’s Hospital. She completed her fellowship in pediatric hematology-oncology at Emory University School of Medicine where she spent her final year as a chief fellow.
During her fellowship, Dr. Sadanand researched protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7), a protein found on the cell surface of neuroblastoma. She is focused on improving survival outcomes in children with neuroblastoma.
“I am honored to be able to treat children and their families in their most difficult moments and passionate about helping my patients enjoy life to their fullest,” she says.
In her free time, Dr. Sadanand enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs, exercising, reading and trying local restaurants.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical School (2016)
- Washington University Consortium Program (2019), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2022), Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Hematology-Oncology
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Hepatoblastoma (Liver Cancer)
- Non-Rhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Wilms Tumor (Nephroblastoma)
Germ Cell Tumors
Departments and Programs
- Improving survival from neuroblastoma
- Practice patterns and incidence of adenovirus infection in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: Multicenter survey of transplant centers in the United States. Papanicolaou GA, Dvorak CC, Dadwal S, Maron G, Prasad VK, Giller R, Abdel-Azim H, Sadanand A, Casciano R, Chandak A, Huang S, Nichols G, Brundage T, Vainorius E, Mozaffari E, Hutcheson R, Transplant infectious disease : an official journal of the Transplantation Society 2020 Aug 22 4 e13283
- Teaching scripts via smartphone app facilitate resident-led teaching of medical students. Zessis NR, Dube AR, Sadanand A, Cole JJ, Hrach CM, Daud YN, BMC medical education 2021 Jun 21 1 331
- Non-Neural (S-100 Negative) Bronchial Granular Cell Tumor Causing Acute Respiratory Failure. Chen SY, Sadanand A, Dillon PA, He M, Dehner LP, Leonard DS, Fetal and pediatric pathology 2020 Feb 39 1 85-89
- Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as a Paraneoplastic Demyelinating Disorder in a Child. Arhanti Sadanand, Juhi Jain , Kathryn Elkins , Daniel John Bergsagel Journal of Pediatric Neurology 2022 2 113-114
- Progression-Free Survival and Patterns of Response in Patients With Relapsed High-Risk Neuroblastoma Treated With Irinotecan/Temozolomide/Dinutuximab/Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor. Lerman BJ, Li Y, Carlowicz C, Granger M, Cash T, Sadanand A, Somers K, Ranavaya A, Weiss BD, Choe M, Foster JH, Pinto N, Morgenstern DA, Rafael MS, Streby KA, Zeno RN, Mody R, Yazdani S, Desai AV, Macy ME, Shusterman S, Federico SM, Bagatell R, Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2022 Oct JCO2201273
- Sadanand, A., Aljudi, A., Bergsagel, D. J., Keller, F. G. (2023). A Single-Center Retrospective Review of Pediatric Cases of Progressive Transformation of Germinal Centers. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, e30283.
- Cash, T., Jonus, H. C., Tsvetkova, M., Beumer, J. H., Sadanand, A., Lee, J. Y., Henry, C. J., Aguilera, D., Harvey, R. D., & Goldsmith, K. C. (2023). A phase 1 study of simvastatin in combination with topotecan and cyclophosphamide in pediatric patients with relapsed and/or refractory solid and CNS tumors. Pediatric blood & cancer, 70(8), e30405.
- Lee, J. Y., Jonus, H. C., Sadanand, A., Branella, G. M., Maximov, V., Suttapitugsakul, S., Schniederjan, M. J., Shim, J., Ho, A., Parwani, K. K., Fedanov, A., Pilgrim, A. A., Silva, J. A., Schnepp, R. W., Doering, C. B., Wu, R., Spencer, H. T., & Goldsmith, K. C. (2023). Identification and targeting of protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7) as an immunotherapy candidate for neuroblastoma. Cell reports. Medicine, 4(6), 101091.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Awards and Honors
- Best of Winship at Virtual Poster Session 2021, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Resident Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Showcase Award 2018, Saint Louis Children’s Hospital
- James P. Keating Outstanding Resident Award 2017, Saint Louis Children’s Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Brown-Séquard Chapter 2015, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine