Sisi Zheng, M.D., is a Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologist at Children’s Health℠ and an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Zheng’s clinical interests include leukemia, bone marrow transplantation, immunology and host defenses.
Dr. Zheng earned her medical degree at Weill Cornell Medical College and subsequently completed her pediatric residency and fellowship training in pediatric hematology-oncology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. During her fellowship, her research led to the characterization of aberrant splice isoforms that are important to drug resistance against CD22-based immunotherapies.
In addition to treating patients, Dr. Zheng has a passion for research and turning lab discoveries into life-changing patient care. Her laboratory research focuses on understanding how inflammation in the bone marrow environment can facilitate the outgrowth of clonally mutated hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and contribute to the early development of myeloid leukemias.
Dr. Zheng is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Children’s Oncology Group, American Society of Hematology and American Association of Cancer Research.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Weill Cornell Medical College (2014)
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2017), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2020), Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Hematology-Oncology
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Sickle Cell Disease
Departments and Programs
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Immunology and Host defenses
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Children’s Oncology Group
- American Society of Hematology
- American Association of Cancer Research