Mansi Gaitonde, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Mansi Gaitonde, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatric Cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ and Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern. She specializes in heart imaging and treating common and complex heart conditions in children. Dr. Gaitonde’s clinical interests include fetal, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography and cardiac MRI. She also has a clinical interest in three-dimensional echocardiographic imaging, quality improvement in echocardiography and cardiac imaging to assess exercise-related changes in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Dr. Gaitonde earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed residency training and fellowship training at Emory University School of Medicine. She also completed a fourth-year fellowship training in advanced non-invasive cardiac imaging at Emory University School of Medicine.
I’m passionate about providing prenatal cardiac counseling to families undergoing the process of coping with and understanding the diagnosis of congenital heart disease in their baby.
Dr. Gaitonde studies pediatric heart conditions and non-invasive imaging such as ultrasound to diagnose conditions accurately and safely. She also teaches medical students and residents how to care for children with heart conditions.
Dr. Gaitonde was selected for the American Society of Echocardiography Top Investigator Grant in 2018 and 2021. She was awarded first place in the American College of Cardiology Georgia Chapter Fellow Research Competition in 2018. She was selected as the American Heart Association Young Investigator Award winner in 2021 for the Young Hearts Council.
In her free time, Dr. Gaitonde enjoys ballet, cooking, hiking and spending time with family.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2014)
- Emory University Hospital (2017), Pediatrics
- Emory University Hospital (2021), Non-Invasive Cardiac Imaging
Emory University Hospital (2020), Pediatric Cardiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pediatric Cardiology
Departments and Programs
- Cardiac imaging clinical research
- Evaluation of Left Ventricular Outflow Gradients During Staged Exercise Stress Echocardiography Helps Differentiate Pediatric Patients With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy From Athletes and Normal Subjects. Gaitonde M, Jones S, McCracken C, Ferguson ME, Michelfelder E, Sachdeva R, Border W, Pediatric exercise science 2021 Jul 1-7
- COVID-19-Related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children Affects Left Ventricular Function and Global Strain Compared with Kawasaki Disease. Gaitonde M, Ziebell D, Kelleman MS, Cox DE, Lipinski J, Border WL, Sachdeva R, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography 2020 10 33 10 1285-1287
- Fetal Diagnosis in a Unique Case of Vascular and Cardiac Interdependence in Omphaloischiopagus Conjoined Twins. Gaitonde M, Kreeger J, Border W, Roberts J, Elshenawy S, Geary F, Michelfelder E, CASE (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2021 Jun 5 3 196-199
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society of Pediatric Echocardiography
- Society for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance
Awards and Honors
- Young Investigator Award Finalist 2021, American Heart Association
- Top Investigator Grant, (2021, 2018) American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) Foundation
- Oral Abstract Competition 1st place Winner 2018, American College of Cardiology (ACC) Georgia Chapter
- Alpha Delta Pi 150th Anniversary Scholarship Recipient, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Competitive Scholarship, Southwestern Medical Foundation
- Edmund Eickenroht Scholarship, UT Southwestern Medical School
- 1st place - Endourological Society and Journal of Endourology Annual Essay Contest - Clinical Category 2013
- Innovating Healthcare Solutions Symposium Honorable Mention 2012