Jenna Ann Keelan, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Jenna Keelan, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric cardiologist at Children's Health and an Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern. She specializes in echocardiography, fetal echocardiography and caring for children and fetuses with heart conditions.
Dr. Keelan earned her medical degree at New York University School of Medicine. She completed her residency training in pediatrics and fellowship training in pediatric cardiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital. She also completed a fellowship in advanced imaging at Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital.
"Whether I am providing reassurance for the parents of a child with an innocent heart murmur or guiding and supporting a family when their child has a diagnosis of serious congenital heart disease, I find my work very fulfilling. I enjoy the continuity of care that I provide to my patients from fetal life to adulthood and the relationships I build with their families."
I enjoy the continuity of care that I provide to my patients from fetal life to adulthood and the relationships I build with their families.
Dr. Keelan is a researcher and studies children's heart conditions. Most recently, she researched how to better instruct physicians in counseling expectant parents about their child’s fetal echocardiogram results. She has given numerous lectures to medical students, residents, and fellows on fetal and pediatric cardiology topics.
In her free time, Dr. Keelan enjoys cooking for her family and friends, running and traveling.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (2014)
- Cornell New York Presbyterian Hospital (2017), Pediatrics
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2021), Pediatric Cardiology Advanced 4th Year
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University (2020), Pediatric Cardiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pediatric Cardiology
Departments and Programs
- Fetal heart disease counseling
- Pediatric cardiology fellowship education in fetal cardiology
- QT Interval Prolongation in the Pediatric Oncologic Population on Methadone. Piccininni JA, Killinger JS, Hammad HT, Gerber LM, Dayton JD, Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology 2020 03 42 2 e121-e124
- Atretic Coronary Artery Ostia in a Full-Term Infant with Early Postnatal Demise. Choi NH, Piccininni J, Pollaro M, Law S, Brachio S, Levey A, Journal of pediatric intensive care 2021 Mar 10 1 79-82
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Fetal Heart Society
Awards and Honors
- Research Grant 2018, Collin’s Kids
- Resident Research Award 2017, Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Campus