Seacrest Studios/Red Balloon Network Internship Program - Children's Health℠
Learn a ton! Earn credit! Have fun!
Seacrest Studios and Children’s Health℠ offer students from local journalism schools, colleges and universities, the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in broadcasting, programming and the operations of a multimedia center. Red Balloon Network interns provide an important service to Children’s Health and our patients:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of programming
- Serving as on-air hosts of radio talk shows, game shows, puppet shows and more
While using professional audio and video broadcast equipment, interns also gain an understanding of a health care organization and the unique needs of patients and families.
- Fall 2023 – July 28th, 2023
- Spring 2024 – November 17th, 2023
Minimum internship requirements
Red Balloon Network internships are offered year-round. To be eligible you will need to:
- Make a semester-based commitment (four months) or a summer commitment (three months)
- Commit to at least three weekday five-hour shifts per week
- Be enrolled in an accredited media, communications or journalism program
- Have completed at least one year of courses at the college/university level
- Maintain an academic status in good standing
Three-step application process