Ali Ahmed Abdelkhal Baiomy, M.D. is a pediatric radiologist at Children's Health℠ and an Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Baiomy earned his bachelor’s degree in Surgery and Medicine and his medical degree from the University of Cairo Faculty of Medicine. He completed his residency in diagnostic and interventional radiology at the National Cancer Institute at Cairo University. He completed six years of post-graduate studies, earning a Masters and Ph.D in diagnostic and interventional radiology.
Dr. Baiomy obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in Interventional Radiology and Body Imaging from 2017-2020, at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He joined UT Southwestern Medical Center as an Assistant Professor in 2022. He was granted a U.S. Board Certification in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology in 2022.
Dr. Baiomy’s research interests include interventional oncology in liver and kidney tumors. Dr. Baiomy’s clinical and procedural interests include interventional oncology, thermal and chemical ablations (liver and kidney, radioembolization, and hepatic interventions. He is a journal reviewer for the Abdominal Radiology Journal, the Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, and Interventional Radiology- RSNA Case Collection.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Cairo University, Cairo Egypt (2002)
- Cairo University Hospitals (2004), Academic Medicine
- Cairo University Hospitals (2008), Interventional Radiology
- Univ of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2020), Radiology, Body Imaging
Univ of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2019), Interventional Radiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of of Radiology/Interventional and Diagnostic
Departments and Programs
- Interventional oncology in liver and kidney tumors
- Morison's pouch: anatomical review and evaluation of pathologies and disease spread on cross-sectional imaging. Nassar S, Menias CO, Nada A, Blair KJ, Shaaban AM, Mellnick VM, Gaballah AH, Lubner MG, Baiomy A, Rohren SA, Elsayes KM. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2020 Aug;45(8):2315-2326. doi: 10.1007/s00261-020-02597-1.
- Cushing Syndrome: Diagnostic Workup and Imaging Features, With Clinical and Pathologic Correlation. Wagner-Bartak NA, Baiomy A, Habra MA, Mukhi SV, Morani AC, Korivi BR, Waguespack SG, Elsayes KM. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017 Jul;209(1):19-32. doi: 10.2214/AJR.16.17290.
- Outcomes of Patients With Metastatic Non-Clear-Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Treated With Pazopanib. Matrana MR, Baiomy A, Campbell M, Alamri S, Shetty A, Teegavarapu P, Kalra S, Xiao L, Atkinson B, Corn P, Jonasch E, Elsayes KM, Tannir NM. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017 Apr;15(2):e205-e208. doi: 10.1016/j.clgc.2016.07.016. Epub 2016 Jul 22.
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- European Society of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology